DRUG WAR TWENTY-six towns, including Sto. Tomas, the only town in Pangasinan earlier considered as drug-free, remain drug-cleared as of the second week of January 2020. This was confirmed by P/Lt. Colonel Norman Florentino, deputy police regional director for administration of Pangasinan during the KBP forum last week. He said two other…
A convoy of 12 vehicles of the provincial government brought food and non-food relief items last Wednesday for the residents of Batangas who were displaced by the eruption of the Taal Volcano. Provincial information officer Orpheus Velasco said the 12 vehicles delivered 100 sacks rice; 20,000 pieces canned goods; 3,470…
Pangasinan brings relief goods to Batangas
PANGASINENSES need not panic nor rush to buy their face masks to protect themselves from the ashfall created by the eruption of Taal Volcano in Batangas. This was assured jointly by Ronn Dale Castillo, geological hazard information officer of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO), and Meliquin Bauzon, chief…
No need for face masks in Pangasinan
READY FOR ASH FALL — Two students take time out with their smartphones, fully prepared for a possible ash fall in Dagupan City. (Punchphoto by Butch Uka)
READY FOR ASH FALL
LEAGUE of Municipalities of the Philippines (LMP)-Pangasinan chapter president Mayor Leopoldo Bataoil is encouraging his fellow mayors in the province to organize to extend support to victims of the Taal Volcano eruption. “I urge my fellow mayors to do their own initiative to help the victims in Batangas. Although I…
LMP-Pangasinan to mayors: Help Taal victims
A group of recreational cyclists mobilized themselves to solicit and deliver relief goods for the displaced victims in evacuation areas. Fred Arzobal, founder and president of the Mapandan Unified Bikers Club, a non-government organization in Mapandan town composed of bikers or cyclists as their recreational or sports activity, led the…
Cyclists mobilized to Batangas to donate relief goods
THE provincial government is ready to assist repatriated Pangasinan Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) from the Middle East. This was confirmed by Alex Ferrer, chief of the Provincial Employment Service Office (PESO) and Cris Dioquino, in charge of the Migrant Workers Welfare Office and OFW Desk at PESO. Ferrer said while…
Pangasinan ready for repatriation of OFWs
TWENTY-four surviving Pangasinan veterans received United States Congressional Gold Medals while families of two received posthumous during the celebration of the 75th Lingayen Gulf Landings Anniversary in Pangasinan and the 13th Pangasinan Veterans’ Day. The award is the highest civilian honor bestowed by United States government to groups or individuals…
26 veterans earn US Congressional Gold Medals
CORAL DESTRUCTION BY MV CHEMATIC THE team from the University of the Philippines Marine Science Institute has finished its underwater check to assess damages on the corals in the area where a foreign vessel ran aground for three weeks last month in the coastal water off Barangay Patar in Bolinao….
Bolinao gov’t to submit damage claim in February
THE 4,027 qualified indigent senior citizens out of 20,000 in San Carolos City already received their social pension for this year from the national government. According to San Carlos City Social Welfare and Development Officer Jesusa Viduya, the distribution of the P6,500 social pension already started during the first week…




