GHOST CITY – The usually bustling part of the commercial district along A.B. Fernandez Ave. in Dagupan City is deserted 2 days after the Enhanced Community Quarantine was declared in Luzon, sending an eerie feeling among local storeowners. (Punchphoto by Butch Uka)
THE Dagupan Sangguniang Panlungsod declared Dagupan City under the state of calamity to enable it to respond effectively to meet the challenges of COVID-19 in the city notwithstanding the fact that the city remains free of the virus. Councilor Joey Tamayo said a session called Tuesday morning approved Resolution No. 7678-2020 authored by Councilor Cisco Jay Flores that seeks…
Dagupan under state of calamity
SIGNS OF THE TIMES –At this time of the year, Pangasinan beaches are already swarming with loud frolicking schoolchildren while elders are busy preparing picnic lunches. The warning signage has changed all that. The beaches are mostly deserted. (Punchphoto by Cesar Ramirez)
SIGNS OF THE TIMES
CLASSES in all levels both in public and private schools in Pangasinan were suspended starting March 16 until April 12 to address the threat of the Covid-19. Governor Amado Espino III said he issued Executive Order (EO) No. 0012-2020 on March 13 Friday detailing the safety measures agreed upon by…
Classes in all levels suspended until April 12
QUARANTINED PARISHIONERS – It was a 5 p.m. celebration of the Holy Mass last Thursday afternoon at the St. John the Evangelist Cathedral. The celebrant had five in attendance while everyone else remained quarantined at their homes. (Punchphoto by Willie Lomibao)
QUARANTINED PARISHIONERS
CALL TO PRAYER AMID COVID-19 CHURCH bells at the Diocese of Alaminos started to peal for 10 minutes every 6:00 p.m. since March 19 as a call to prayer as a pastoral response to COVID-19 crisis. Bishop Fidelis Layog, apostolic administrator of the Diocese of Alaminos wrote in a circular, “Let the Church bells be the sound…
Church bells peal 6 p.m. daily in Alaminos Diocese
PINOY IMPROVISATION – Personnel at the Dagupan City Health Office improvise face shields made of acetate, foam, tape and garter for city government’s outnumbered front liners to help protect them from possible COVID-19 Infection while attending to patients rushing to them for treatment. (Punchphoto by Willie Lomibao)
PINOY IMPROVISATION
THE San Carlos City government started disinfecting operations of public facilities and buildings in a bid to keep the city COVID-19 free. City information officer Jhuliano Nazareno said the disinfection operations to be held in 86 barangays were led by the office of Mayor Julier Resuello, the City Disaster Risk…
San Carlos City launches disinfection operations
THE Regional Center for Health Development 1 of the Department of Health confirmed that while there are 85 Patients Under Investigation (PUIs) in the region, there are still no known COVID-19 case, as of 5:00 p.m. of March 18. Pangasinan is only second to La Union that has the most umber of PUIs at 30 in the region: 11 were admitted to hospitals, 14 under home quarantine and five others…
CHD: Region 1 still COVID-19 free
THERE were less fire incidents and damage recorded so far, to date. According to the provincial fire marshal, Bureau of Fire Protection Supt. Noel Gagalac, only 84 fire incidents were recorded from January to date compared to 85 with fewer structural cases. He said most were grass fires caused by…




