Category

Headlines

Farmacia Balingit’s Don Pedro, 99, passes away

By | Headlines, News, People & Events

DON Pedro “Bal” Balingit, owner of the oldest pharmacy in Dagupan and one of the most prominent entrepreneurs in the city, passed away in the early morning of December 14 from cardiac arrest at age 99. BALINGIT Balingit, a bosom buddy and classmate in Pampanga of the late President Diosdado…

Read More

Farmacia Balingit’s Don Pedro, 99, passes away

Ebola virus also found in Manaoag hog farm

By | Headlines, News

D. A. PRESCRIBES QUARANTINE DOH: No reason to panic MANAOAG —The Department of Agriculture (DA) has confirmed that the dreaded ebola virus, blamed for human deaths in Africa some years ago, was found among hogs in a piggery farm in Barangay Parian here. DA Regional Director Cipriano Santiago, however, clarified…

Read More

Ebola virus also found in Manaoag hog farm

By December 16, 2008Headlines, News

Flooding blamed for diarrhea

By | Headlines, News

FLOODING in Dagupan, including the rise of tidal water on dry lands, contributes largely to the rise of acute gastro-enteritis (AGE) or diarrhea, dysentery and typhoid fever in all barangays, according to a study. Bobby Crisostomo, a consultant of the Australia-based Coffey International collaborating with the United States Agency on…

Read More

Flooding blamed for diarrhea

By December 16, 2008Headlines, News

Alaminos is best performer

By | Headlines, News

ALAMINOS CITY–This city, home of the Hundred Islands National Park, was adjudged as the best performing city in Pangasinan after it scored almost a clean sweep in the search categories set by the Regional Development Council and the National Economic and Development Authority for 2008. In four search categories conducted…

Read More

Alaminos is best performer

By December 16, 2008Headlines, News

Barba: Crime group behind Resuello killing

By | Headlines, News

LINGAYEN–An organized crime group suspected of being financed by a “rich and famous” Pangasinense is behind the killing of Mayor Julian Resuello, the police provincial director announced. Provincial police director, P/Sr. Supt. Perciva Barba, said his command has launched a manhunt for the group, known as the Mendoza crime syndicate,…

Read More

Barba: Crime group behind Resuello killing

By December 16, 2008Headlines, News

MANHUNT FOR MENDOZA GANG

By | Headlines, News, Punch Gallery

MANHUNT FOR MENDOZA GANG—Police Sr. Supt. Percival Barba, Pangasinan police director, presents the cartographic sketches of suspected members of the Mendoza criminal group who are now the subject of an intensive manhunt by the police. The group is suspected to be behind several killings in the province, including that of…

Read More

MANHUNT FOR MENDOZA GANG

By December 16, 2008Headlines, News, Punch Gallery

Victory’s ex-employees eyed as suspects in attack

By | Headlines, News

LINGAYEN — A group of disgruntled former employees is being suspected as the perpetrators behind the burning of five buses of Victory Liner at the company’s terminal here last November 26, police authorities said. The police also released last week the cartographic sketches of three of about 10 attackers who…

Read More

Victory’s ex-employees eyed as suspects in attack

By December 9, 2008Headlines, News