LOCAL newsmen affiliated with three different media associations banded together for the first time for a common cause- to stop the passage of the Right of Reply bill now pending in Congress. The Pangasinan media practitioners held a mini rallying front of the Dagupan City Museum Friday to express their…
READ MY LIPS—Alaminos City Mayor Hernani Braganza keeps newsmen guessing as he declined to reveal his political plan for 2010 during a forum of the Pangasinan Press and Radio Club (PPRC) at the Kapihan sa Lenox Hotel on Wednesday. Braganza is flanked by PPRC President Allan Sison (left) and Jun…
READ MY LIPS
NO TO RIGHT OF REPLY BILL—Members of the Pangasinan media stage a rally in front of the Museo ng Dagupan in Dagupan City to voice their opposition to the ‘Right of Reply’ bill now pending in Congress. (Punchphoto by Cesar S. Ramirez) Back to Homepage
NO TO RIGHT OF REPLY BILL
WEAPONS OF THE UGLY RAMBOS—Police Chief Supt. Ramon Gatan, director of the Police Regional Office I, inspects one of the three firearms and ammunitions seized by joint police operatives from three heavily armed men Wednesday night in Sta. Barbara. (Punchphoto by Cesar S. Ramirez) Back to Homepage
WEAPONS OF THE UGLY RAMBOS
ILLEGAL SETTLERS CHARGED—Dagupan City Engineer Virginia Rosario (right) takes her oath before Assistant City Prosecutor Olivia Biala-Nudo upon filing the Dagupan City government’s criminal complaint against Regional Trial Court Judge Robert Rudio, Calasiao Mayor Roy Macanlalay, businessman Mario Sandoval and Atty. Juan Siapno Jr. for squatting at the Tondaligan beach…
ILLEGAL SETTLERS CHARGED
THE “BIGGIES” GET THEIR DUE FOR SQUATTING PROVING that it is serious in dealing with the squatting issue at the Tondaligan Park and other public lands in the shoreline of Bonuan, the Dagupan City government has filed charges against prominent people illegally occupying land in the area. Named respondents in…
City sues RTC judge, mayor
CALASIAO–Beware: Water in Pangasinan is not safe. The Ilocos regional director of the Department of Health (DOH) has revealed that water all across the province is contaminated with e-coli. “There is no safe area actually, even your shoreline is positive of e-coli fecal contamination based on laboratory results,” said Dr….
Health officials warn vs. water safety in Pangasinan
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, a son of Pangasinan, has promised to help check the unabated pollution of the Dagupan shoreline originating from Dagupan District Jail. Duque said he will allocate a budget from his fund for the construction of a bigger septic tank to finally stop the overcrowded jail…
Sec. Duque agrees to help district jail
LINGAYEN–Is there a recession? Perhaps so but the picture at the provincial employment services tells a different story. Unemployment rate in Pangasinan went down by at least 2.4 percent during the last quarter of 2008. Alex Ferrer, Provincial Employment Services Officer (PESO), said the improved employment rate of 9.3 percent…
Unemployment in province down by 2.4%
THE ebola reston virus (ERV) scare in Pangasinan is finally over. Agriculture Secretary Arthur Yap announced in Dagupan City on Wednesday that he had ordered the lifting of the quarantine on a pig farm in Manaoag previously tagged as susceptible to ERV. The quarantine was imposed in October last year…




