Category

Headlines

Domantay, Magic now sing a different tune

By | Headlines, News

LINGAYEN—Malasiqui Mayor Armando Domantay and the Magic Group of Companies are applying a new tact as their defense in the civil case pending against them before the Regional Trial Court in San Carlos City. Atty. Francisco Baraan III, the new lawyer for Domantay and Magic, now claims that Ordinance No. 005-2003…

Read More

Domantay, Magic now sing a different tune

By January 24, 2010Headlines, News

Feasibility study for Malimgas Market too rosy 


By | Headlines, News

THE Malimgas Market project looked great on paper. The past city administration under mayor Benjie Lim built the Malimgas Market based on a feasibility study, conducted by a consultant from Manila, which projected a 16 percent internal rate of return. “This (rate of return) did not materialize,” said City Administrator…

Read More

Feasibility study for Malimgas Market too rosy 


By January 24, 2010Headlines, News

VM Belen defends Mayor Al’s term 


By | Headlines, News

ATTACKED anew by its political rival as a “no performance” administration, Vice Mayor Belen Fernandez turned the table on the previous Lim administration for overspending and dissipating the city’s once vast resources. In taking the cudgels for the administration of Mayor Alipio Fernandez, the vice mayor said the Fernandez administration…

Read More

VM Belen defends Mayor Al’s term 


By January 24, 2010Headlines, News

Agbayani slams Espino on Prov’l Capitol

By | Headlines, News

LINGAYEN–Second District Rep. Victor Agbayani has found another issue of contention against Gov. Amado Espino Jr.: the renovation of the provincial Capitol. “Bakit ba kailangan baguhin ang Capitol, tapos na yan, eh,” said Agbayani in a statement issued to the press. Agbayani and Espino are both running for governor in…

Read More

Agbayani slams Espino on Prov’l Capitol

By January 24, 2010Headlines, News

San Roque Dam to be tapped for water supply

By | Headlines, News

LINGAYEN–With ground water supply in the coastal towns of Pangasinan an emerging problem, a plan to tap raw water from the San Roque Dam for household use has been put forward by the provincial government. The Sangguniang Panlalawigan approved a resolution on January 18 authorizing Governor Amado Espino Jr. to…

Read More

San Roque Dam to be tapped for water supply

By January 24, 2010Headlines, News

PNP recalls kapitans’ shotguns

By | Headlines, News

IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE GUN BAN LINGAYEN—After relentlessly defending the retention of the shotguns in the possession of the barangay chairmen at all times, the provincial police director suddenly ordered the recall of the 1,300 shotguns issued to the barangay kapitans last year, ostensibly in compliance with the gun ban…

Read More

PNP recalls kapitans’ shotguns

By January 17, 2010Headlines, News

MC Adore building unsafe for occupancy

By | Headlines, News

NO, thank you. This has been the response of government agencies that have been offered the use of the former five-star MC Adore Hotel, now derelict and found to have tilted during the 1990 earthquake and, therefore, unfit for occupancy. “Tabingi siya konti,” admitted City Administrator Alvin Fernandez, speaking on…

Read More

MC Adore building unsafe for occupancy

By January 17, 2010Headlines, News

12 towns, 3 cities in Comelec watchlist

By | Headlines, News

FIFTEEN towns in Pangasinan have already been included in the watchlist of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) and the police in connection with the May 10 national and local elections. These are Basista, Binalonan, Malasiqui, Natividad, Rosales, Pozorrubio, San Manuel, Sual, San Nicolas, San Quintin, Bolinao and Tayug; and the cities…

Read More

12 towns, 3 cities in Comelec watchlist

By January 17, 2010Headlines, News

Cojuangco barks at Yap

By | Headlines, News

ROSALES—Fifth District Representative Mark Cojuangco has lashed at Department of Agriculture (DA) Secretary Arthur Yap for the DA’s alleged slow assistance to farmers affected by typhoon “Pepeng” last year. “We are not happy with what the national government is doing to respond to what happened to us because of Pepeng,”…

Read More

Cojuangco barks at Yap

By January 17, 2010Headlines, News