DAGUPENO IS DOTC USEC–President Benigno Aquino, III (left) administers the oath of office to Dante Velasco, a public relations executive and a native of Dagupan City, as the new Undersecretary of the Department of Transportation and Communication at the Rizal Hall of Malacañang Palace last July 19. He is the brother of columnist Jun Velasco…
MAYOR LIM DARED TO ACT ILLEGAL gambling is once again thriving in Dagupan City. This was revealed by Councilor Luis Samson Jr., chairman of the Sangguniang Panlungsod committee on peace and order and police matters, in a privilege speech before the city council on August 2.
Dad hits proliferation of illegal gambling in Dagupan
ILLEGAL GAMBLING–Councilor Luis Samson Jr., Sangguniang Panlungsod committee chairman on peace and order and on police matters, takes the podium to denounce the resurgence of jueteng and other illegal gambling operations in Dagupan. (Photo by Mitz Cresencio) Back to Homepage
ILLEGAL GAMBLING
DAGUPAN City Mayor Benjamin Lim did not refute the allegation made by Councilor Luis Samson Jr. on the resurgence of jueteng and other illegal gambling activities in Dagupan just as the mayor took back the reins of the city government.
Samson “probably” right, says hizzoner
TAYUG–The principal suspect in the slaying of a leader of a militant farmers’ organization in Pangasinan some four years ago was meted life imprisonment, and another 10 to 14 years imprisonment for the wounding of the victim’s brother.
Killer of militant leader gets life imprisonment
DAGUPAN Mayor Benjamin Lim said he is considering a plan to declare a moratorium on fish pen operations for at least one year to allow the city’s river systems to “rest”.
BSL wants one-year moratorium on fishpens
LINGAYEN–Team Pangasinan proved to be the best in the first National Rescue and Disaster Response Competition (NRDRC) held in Legaspi City from July 26 to 31. Pangasinan was the event champion for the Water Rescue Scenario and first runner-up in the Collapsed Structure Scenario.
Team Pangasinan tops rescue-and-response competition
AVALANCHE OF SUITS EXPECTED ROSALES–A second civil case for damages was filed on July 27 against the National Power Corporation (NPC) and the San Roque Power Corporation (SRPC) over the big flood ostensibly caused by the huge volume of water released from the San Roque Dam in October last year.
NPC, SRPC face 2nd suit over last year’s flooding
LINGAYEN–The police station in Mangaldan town, touted as one of the country’s few modern and world-class police buildings, has been despoiled by police officers who set up a lewd show midnight of July 25 for their entertainment. Five policemen of the Mangaldan Police Station have been relieved from their posts…
5 Mangaldan cops, police chief, suspended for lewd show
DESPITE SUSPENSION OF ALA ISSUANCES CONSTRUCTION of new fish pens remains unabated in various rivers in Dagupan despite the recent order of Mayor Benjamin Lim to temporarily stop the issuance of Aquatic Lease Agreement (ALA).




