BALON DAGUPAN NEWS
MAYOR Belen T. Fernandez and members of the Manlingkor ya Kalangweran led by with young city mayor Ella M. Claveria, joined the Samahan ng mga Maliliit na Mangingisda sa Dagupan City in pulling beach seine locally called “kalokor” on the shore of Barangay Pugaro on July 5.
Mayor Fernandez and members of the Manlingkor ya Kalangweran join fishermen working on the “kalokor.’ (Photo by Jojo Tamayo)
The “kalokor” project is a livelihood program initiated by Mayor Fernandez which was supported by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Region 1 with a financial grant of P625,000 for the purchase of fishing gears and a fishing boat.
“It’s nice to note that our kalokor project continues to help our small fishermen earn a living since we reorganized the group under a new leadership. This livelihood program is part of the component of developing Pugaro as a tourism destination. Soon we will construct a boardwalk here as part of our plan of developing this area which has an unspoiled beach. We have already the Island Tours in place as another component of our tourism plan,” said Fernandez.
- July 17, 2016MYK ENDS TERMBALON DAGUPAN NEWS
MYK ENDS TERM – The members of the 2016 Manlingkor ya Kalangweran headed by young city mayor Ella M. Claveria receive commendation from Mayor Belen T. Fernandez at […]
- May 4, 2014BOY SCOUTS CAMPING
BOY SCOUTS CAMPING----Governor Amado T. Espino, Jr. (center) flashes the number one sign with the officials and officers of the Boy Scouts of the Philippines (BSP) led by BSP Sec. Gen. […]
- December 7, 2014Small fisherfolks in Pugaro undergo training on ‘Kalokor’ constructionBALON DAGUPAN NEWS
DAGUPAN CITY – Fishermen from the Samahan ng Maliliit na Mangingisda sa Dagupan City (SMalManDaCi) undertook a hands-on training on beach seine (kalokor) construction […]
- September 7, 2014MBTF MEETS SMALL FISHERFOLK IN PUGARO ANEW
MBTF MEETS SMALL FISHERFOLK IN PUGARO ANEW-- Mayor Belen T. Fernandez informs the Samahan ng Maliliit na Mangingisda sa Dagupan City Incorporated in Barangay Pugaro that the Department […]
- November 30, 2014Fishermen get new equipment from DOLEFISHERMEN in Dagupan City’s island barangays can now look forward to improved earnings from their livelihood after their organization, Samahan ng Maliliit na Mangingisda sa Dagupan […]