Observe health protocols strictly – Espino
DURING HOLY WEEK
AS Christians prepare for the traditional Holy Week, Gov. Amado Espino III issued Executive Order No. 0027-2021 enjoining all municipal and city mayors and other local officials in the province to strictly enforce all necessary health protocols and guidelines in their communities in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Citing the all-time high 7,999 new COVID-19 cases registered in the country just for a single day recently, Espino rallied all local officials to comply with the executive order issued by President Rodrigo Duterte reinforcing all essential COVID-19 prevention measures and to maintain constant vigilance, despite the unavoidable relaxation of quarantine protocols in the country:.
In view of the expected surge of gathering of people for religious and leisure activities during the week, the governor directed strict enforcement of the COVID-19 regulations by all component LGUs. “Our leadership and the cooperation of our constituents are critical in securing the safety of our province against the pandemic.”
Executive Order No. 0027-2021 directed
- Religious activities like mass, reading of Pasyon, prayer of the Holy Rosary and vigil and other similar activities shall be allowed provided that only 50% seating/venue capacity limit must be observed.
- Discouraged are traditional and solemn procession, Alay Lakad, communal celebration of Via Crucis and Stations of the Cross; kissing or touching of the cross during adoration and veneration of the Holy Cross and other religious images
and “Salubong” during Easter Sunday.
- Churches and local governments should strictly enforce the “No Face Mask-No Face Shield, No Entry”.
- Commercial establishments except those which deal with food, medicines and other basic commodities are asked to cease operations during the Holy Week.
- Selling and consumption of liquor in public places, drinking liquor outside the confines of residence to include open terraces front and backyard will not be allowed.
- Operations of videoke or karaoke will not be allowed in public places or outside of residences.
- Cockfighting/cockpit operations are prohibited
- Observance of death wakes will be limited to three days only.
- Carnivals and tiangges will be prohibited during the period.
The Barangay Health Emergency Response Team (BHERTs) are directed to continue to record and monitor the arrival of guests and visitors.
Component LGUs are directed to deploy barangay patrols in beaches and in market to prevent over-crowding and enforce minimum health standards. (Leonardo Micua)
Share your Comments or Reactions
Powered by Facebook Comments