DEATH CERTIFICATE, PROSECUTORS’ RESO
AMIDST persistent claims and suspicions from some quarters that controversial former board member Raul Sison is still alive, his son, mayor of Urbiztondo, reiterated his family’s earlier announcement that his father died on March 26, 2020 from COVID-19.
Mayor Martin Raul Sison posted a video message on his official Facebook page on Feb. 14, saying that,“Patay na po si former Board Member Raul Sison. Pumanaw na po ang aking ama, mga kabaleyan (Former Board Member Raul Sison had died. My dad had passed away, my provincemates).”
The young Sison said he posted his message to confirm anew that his father died last year after persistent rumors, including questions from media practitioners, that his father may still be alive and had not died as claimed by the family.
As proof that that his father died at The Medical City in Ortigas Ave., Pasig City on March 26, 2020, the mayor showed a copy of the death certificate issued by the National Statistics Office and signed by Claire Dennis Mapa, national statistician and civil registrar general.
He said the death certificate was presented in a case filed by the Philippine National Police in San Carlos City against the elder Sison and other complainants on the ambush of former Gov. Amado Espino Jr. on Sept. 11, 2019.
The ambush left Espino wounded and his police escort and driver dead.
Mayor Sison also showed copy of a resolution from the City Prosecution Office in San Carlos dated Oct. 13, 2020 and read as well the last part saying: The dismissal of the complaint against Raul Sison by reason of his death.
It was signed by Assistant City Prosecutor Dennis Anthony Fito and Associate City Prosecutor Rohail Castro and approved by City Prosecutor Lumanlan.
“I hope through this video, I have clarified (reports) about the death of my father and the case filed against him,” the mayor said. (Eva Visperas)
Share your Comments or Reactions
Powered by Facebook Comments