AZURIN REPORTS TO CHIEF PNP SINAS
CRIME rate in Region 1 registered only 10,003 incidents or 43%, from a total of 23,444 registered in 2019 or 13,441 less in 2020.
This was the report of P/Brig. General Rodolfo Azurin Jr., Police Regional Office 1 director, to chief PNP General Debold Sinas when the latter made a command visit to PRO1 last January 6.
1. Robbery and Theft incidents recorded the biggest decline at 60%, from 262 and 638, respectively, in 2019 as compared to 104 and 256 in 2020, followed by motornapping cases which dropped by 51%, from 95 in 2019 to 47 last year.
2. Physical injury dropped by 41% (from 545 to 321); homicide by 26% (from 65 cases in 2019 to only 48 last year); Carnapping by 25% (from 8 to 6); Rape cases by 19% (from 563 cases to 457) and Murder cases by 11% ( from 185 to 164).
Azurin attributed the decrease of crime incidents in the region to the relentless campaign against criminality, corruption and illegal drugs and the implementation of the PRO1’s project KASIMBAYANAN (pagtutulungan ng KApulisan, SIMBAhan, at pamaYANAN, patungo sa patuloy na Kaunlaran) that calls for the cooperation among the police, church and community based on the vision M+K+K=K or MALASAKIT for KAAYUSAN and KAPAYAPAAN through the people’s cooperation to bring about sustainable KAUNLARAN.
3. The PNP Internal Cleansing Program (ICP) enabled the drug-testing of 8,975 or 93.14% of the 9,635 police personnel, all with negative results. (The remaining 700 are scheduled for drug tests this year. And, out of the 9,635 personnel, only 171 or 1.77% were charged administratively.
4. PRO1 conducted 1,007 anti-illegal drugs operations that resulted in the arrest of 1,110 drug personalities and the confiscation of 2.903 kilograms of shabu with DDB *Dangerous Drugs Board (value of P19,744,512.64); 76,181 kilograms of marijuana with DDB value of P9,141,718.31, and seized 48 pieces of assorted long and short firearms, and 6 pieces of various explosives. Nine marijuana eradications were conducted and destroyed DDB value of P12,808,020.00.
5. Arrested Wanted Persons were 3,594: 3 Most Wanted Persons with DILG Reward, 382 Most Wanted Persons (Regional/Provincial/ City/Municipal Levels), and 3,209 other wanted persons neutralized.
6. The End Local Communists’ Armed Conflict (ELCAC) campaign led to the neutralization of 67 members of the Communist National Terrorists (CNTs): 8 killed, 5 arrested and 54 surrendered.
(The 72 former rebels in Tayug, Pangasinan that surrendered were reintegrated into the folds of community together with their supporters and sympathizers while 164 identified members of left-leaning organizations, took their oath of allegiance to the government).
7. PRO1 accounted for 666 High Value Individuals (309 surrendered, 231 were arrested, 14 died during police operation, 69 with cases of Homicide (under investigation), 7 died of natural death and 40 who are yet to be located with 11 remaining variance).
In response, Sinas lauded the men and women of PRO1 for excellent policing and accomplishments in the fight against illegal drugs, criminalities and insurgency and reiterated his challenge to jail the “big fishes” and not to tolerate involvement of police personnel in criminal activities.
“We will be on guard day and night and let our people feel the safest. Even this pandemic will not hamper us from implementing the law, provided that we follow the health protocols of the New Normal,” Azurin said. (Leonardo Micua)
Share your Comments or Reactions
Powered by Facebook Comments