Close contacts of confirmed cases tested positive

CONTAGION IN MANAOAG

THE local government of Manaoag has advised all residents of its four barangays to stay home and observe quarantine protocol following the spike of COVID-19 cases in the town that already climbed to 30 as of January 7.

This was contained in an advisory signed by Mayor Kim Mikael Amador posted on Facebook at 8:00 p.m. on January 7 by the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office.

It was the reason why the Minor Basilica of Manaoag, the melting pot of devotees in the country, was temporarily closed for disinfection.

The close contacts of earlier confirmed cases from Barangays Sapang, Babasit, Pugaro and Lipit Sur tested positive on  January 5.

The confirmed positive 40-year-old man in Barangay Sapang is an immediate family member of two previously confirmed positive cases in that village; two other confirmed positive cases, a 70-year old and a 71-year old from Barangay Babasit were close contacts of another previous case from Babasit.

The nine persons from Barangay Pugaro recently found positive for COVID-19 were traced as close contacts of a COVID-19 positive from Barangay Babasit.

The close contacts in Pugaro are; a 2 year old, 38, 41, 42, 48, 49, 50, 52 and 63, year old, all of whom have been isolated and confined.

A 62-year old and a 65-year old from Barangay Lipit Sur are close contacts of another previously confirmed case.

Amador said the close contacts are immediate members of families of infected persons in their compound and households.

She said case investigation and contact tracing of persons with whom the patients had mingled are being intensified by the municipal government. (Leonardo Micua)

Share your Comments or Reactions

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments