BFP: No more backlog on safety inspection next month

THE provincial Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) is confident that it can cover its backlog in fire safety inspection in all establishments in the province before end of November.

Acting provincial fire marshal, F/Chief Inspector Georgian Pascua said 85% of total establishments in the province as of October 31 have already been inspected, leaving only 15% to be done by end of the month.

Pascua said the unusual backlog was a direct result of the series of lockdown ordered in the province due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

With the more relaxed quarantine status, Pascua said he is confident he can complete the inspection of the remaining 15% this month.

The fire safety inspection is mandatory for all establishments in the country as provided in the Fire Code of the Philippines.

The inspection is a prerequisite before a local government unit issues a business permit. (Ahikam Pasion)

Share your Comments or Reactions

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments