TWO days prior to the lifting of the enhanced community quarantine in Pangasinan, a confirmed COVID-19 case was been recorded in Asingan town.
In his Facebook post, Asingan Mayor Carlos Lopez Jr., said the newly recorded case is a 29-year-old APOR (Authorized Person Outside Residence) and a resident of Barangay Dupac.
The patient reportedly traveled from the National Capital Region and felt the symptoms on April 30, and sought medical consultation on May 7.
The results of his swab test were confirmed positive on May 13, and was ordered on strict home quarantine.
Meanwhile, in Sta. Barbara, a woman is currently under observation after testing positive using a rapid testing kit.
Sta. Barbara Mayor Joel delos Santos said the patient, who traveled to Tondo, Manila, was stricken with aneurysm, and was rushed to a hospital in Pangasinan.
It was then in this hospital that she was tested. A confirmatory result is still pending.
As of May 13, the provincial health office recorded a total of 40 confirmed cases – four of which are currently active.
Pangasinan had been COVID-free for the past 18 days. (Ahikam Pasion)
Share your Comments or Reactions
Powered by Facebook Comments