THE Provincial Health Office (PHO) reported 313 dengue cases only and without a fatality in the province from Jan. 1 to Feb.3 this year, reflecting a 33% decrease compared to 473 cases same period last year.
However, PHO chief Dr. Anna Ma. Teresa De Guzman expressed more concern that out of the 313 cases, 100 (or 32%) of the cases this year were recorded in central Pangasinan.
“Even amid the threat of 2019 novel coronavirus (nCoV), we are more concerned with dengue cases in the province that we are monitoring it all-year-round,” she said.
Included in PHO’s watch list for dengue are Binmaley with 28 cases; Calasiao with 22 cases; San Carlos City and Sta. Barbara with 27 cases each; Urdaneta City with 22 cases; Mangaldan with 17 cases; and Malasiqui with 16 cases.
Dagupan City registered 28 dengue cases.
The youngest dengue patient in the province this year is a six-month-old baby boy while the oldest is a 54-year old male.
De Guzman said hospitals of the provincial government have fast lanes and blood bags are ready to serve dengue patients, and those manifesting dengue symptoms are immediately made to take a rapid test.
She said the ‘Kalusugan Karaban” of the provincial government is leading the campaign against dengue while a provincial blood network has been established via the weekly bloodletting activities in towns and cities. (Helen Martin/ PhilStar Wire Service /ECV)
Share your Comments or Reactions
Powered by Facebook Comments