THE Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Dagupan City has urged food cart operators to register their equipment and to be trained in handling accidents caused by gas leaks.
The call was prompted by a fire incident in Barangay Mayombo involving a food cart that burned after a Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) tank exploded and caused alarm in the area.
Fortunately, the fire was extinguished by concerned citizens nearby.
F/Chief Inspector Bryan Pocyao, city fire marshal, said the incident, caught by the barangay-installed closed circuit television (CCTV) camera, was caused by a gas leak.
Pocyao said there have been several gas leak incidents in previous weeks that the BFP responded to.
He encouraged food cart owners to register so they can undergo fire safety training that will include firefighting techniques and preventive measures.
“After the training, they will receive certificates so people can see that there are best practices to avoid fire incidents”, he said (Ahikam Pasion)
Share your Comments or Reactions
Powered by Facebook Comments