MAIN CAUSE: ELECTRIC FAULTY WIRING
THE Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) in Pangasinan has already recorded 378 fire incidents from January to October this year or an increase of 8.62 percent.
According to the provincial fire marshal, F/Superintendent Eddie Jucutan said last year only recorded 348 fire incidents over the same period.
Jucutan said this year, most of the incidents were 46 cases of grass fires while others were caused by faulty electrical wirings.
The big fire cases this year happened last month when the University of Luzon in Dagupan City was partly burnt, and the Novo Shopping Center in San Carlos City.
Meanwhile, Jucutan took note that as Christmas season nears and homes and offices have started to decorate their homes, he advised that Christmas lights bought and installed have PS certification for safety.
He said with PS label, the product has been approved by the Department of Trade and Industry and had passed quality standard.
He suggested the use of electric products with thick wires and extension cords must also be used by a maximum of two electrical products. He warned that octopus wiring is prone to fire because an excess load of current causes item to overheat.
Meanwhile, a fire broke out in a house made of light materials in Bayambang on Oct. 31. Fire started in the kitchen area. (PhilStar Wire Service)
Share your Comments or Reactions
Powered by Facebook Comments