MANGALDAN— Some local governments in Pangasinan will be the lucky recipients of sports utility vehicles seized by the Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA).
This was announced by Administrator Raul Lambino who said he was instructed by President Duterte to prioritize the donation of seized smuggled luxury vehicles to the local government units (LGUs) of Cagayan, Region 2 and North Luzon, including Pangasinan.
Lambino, appointed in a concurrent position as presidential adviser for Northern Luzon, told newsmen on Aug. 11 here.
He said some are in good running condition while others are not.,” he said. “But they have to pay the taxes due the government,” he added.
Lambino said 82 luxury vehicles have been destroyed and about 700 more SUVs are left like Hummer, Land Cruiser, Pajeros, Range Rover, among others for donation.
Meanwhile, Lambino said smuggling of imported luxury vehicles at the CEZA had been stopped 100 percent.
“So there are no second-hand cars coming in. There are no brand new vehicles coming in,” he said. “Only cement, iron and anything that involves capital good are allowed to enter Port Irene.”
He said, “There were more than 40,000 vehicles that passed through Sta. Ana in CEZA in the last 10 years in the previous administration and more so in the time of the PNoy administration (referring to former president Benigno Aquino III) when they were still in good terms with the Enriles”.
Lambino said in the first three years of Aquino administration “tens of thousands of second-hand cars passed through Port Irene.”
President Duterte directed him, he said, to destroy all the seized sedan luxury vehicles like Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar. (PhilStar wire service)
Share your Comments or Reactions
Powered by Facebook Comments