Two cities, 8 towns placed on dengue watch list

LINGAYEN –The Provincial Health Office (PHO) has placed two cities and eight towns on the watch list due to reported high incidence of dengue in their areas.

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Anna de Guzman said their dengue surveillance update as of Sept. 4 shows the number of reported cases in the cities of Urdaneta (122) and San Carlos (82), the towns of Bayambang (212), Bugallon (133), Malasiqui (104), Tayug (97), Lingayen (94), Bolinao (81), Pozorrubio (74) and Asingan (69).

Eight persons from the towns of Mabini, San Carlos City, Pozorrubio, San Manuel, Urdaneta City and Dagupan City died, with one casualty each, while two in San Fabian.

The number of dengue-afflicted persons from January to September 4 this year totaled 2,358 which is higher by nine per cent compared to previous year’s record covering the same period of 2, 155.

Last year, there were 11 deaths, the report said.

The peak of recorded dengue cases was last month with 805.

There were 245 males, aged 10 to 14, while there were 220 females afflicted.

The data were collated by the PHO from sentinel hospitals, government and private hospitals and Region 1 Medical Center. (Eva Visperas)

Leave a Reply