WAR ON DRUGS SCOREBOARD
LINGAYEN – With only 77 more barangays in Pangasinan that need to be cleared of drug activities, the Pangasinan Police Provincial Office (PPPO) is confident the province can be declared drug-fee by December this year.
This was bared by P/Chief Inspector Norman Florentino, chief of the Police Community Relations, as he confirmed that PPPO targeted December as its self-imposed deadline to have all towns and cities declared as drug-cleared.
Florentino told the KBP Forum last Thursday that 1,194 barangays have so far been drug-cleared out of the 1,277 drug-affected barangays.
To date, one city and three towns have already been declared by the Pangasinan police and validated by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) as drug-cleared while the Sto. Tomas town has been declared drug-unaffected since the Duterte administration declared its war on drugs.
As of last week, 22 more towns earlier declared drug-free by the PPPO is up for validation by PDEA. Mapandan town is set be declared by PDEA as drug-cleared this week.
Florentino said most of the barangays that need to be cleared are found in the cities of Dagupan, San Carlos and Urdaneta.
Dagupan has two more of its 31 barangays are to be cleared.
He added that there is an oversight committee at the PPPO that meets weekly with the chiefs of police to discuss updates on the status of the towns and cities.
He clarified that a barangay cannot be considered drug-cleared if the police cannot account for all the listed drug personalities.
The police chiefs, he said, are required to present proofs of location if the subject is reported to have transferred to another place, which includes a certification of a barangay captain. The relocation of the drug personality must not only be confirmed but a certification that the subject’s drug activity has stopped. (Leonardo Micua)
Share your Comments or Reactions
Powered by Facebook Comments