A ROBBERY and extortion suspect who was killed during an entrapment operation early Friday morning, June 29 in Barangay Nancamaliran East in Urdaneta City, was a drug personality who surrendered earlier.
This was confirmed by P/Superintendent Neil Miro, Urdaneta police, who identified the suspect as Vergel Lutrania, 21 years old, from Nancamaliran East.
Lutrania robbed his victim of her tablet and cell phones and later demanded P20,000 for their return.
He said police operatives were dispatched to respond to the call of the victim and cornered the suspect during a planned entrapment.
A police officer from Urdaneta was assigned to give the money to the suspect.
When Lutrania sensed it was an entrapment, he draw his firearm, a caliber 22, and aimed at the operative prompting the latter to draw is own and shot the suspect, who died on the spot.
Miro said the ownership of the motorcycle with a red plate used by the suspect was traced to a bodyguard of the mayor of San Manuel town. (Nora Dominguez)
- April 7, 2013Suspected drug pusher shot deadLINGAYEN--A suspected drug pusher listed in the Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Council (BADAC) watchlist was shot dead at 8:40 p.m. Wednesday in Barangay Poblacion East Asingan
The fatality […]
- March 22, 2015Robbers riding-in-tandem arrested in Dagupan CityTHE Dagupan City Police Station (DCPS) chased and collared two suspects last week after they held up a vicitm on Arellano St. in front of a mall.
Supt. Christopher Abrahano, chief of […]
- March 4, 2017Businessman in Lingayen gunned downLINGAYEN - The town’s police station is investigating the death of a businessman who was ambushed and shot by an unidentified gunman in Barangay Domalandan.
P/Superintendent Jackson […]
- July 8, 2017Drug personality shot dead by riding-in-tandem suspectsSAN CARLOS CITY-- A self-confessed drug pusher who surrendered but remained a drug personality listed on the watch list, was shot dead at 4:20 p.m., Thursday, July 6, in front of an eatery […]
- January 15, 2017Another barangay kapitan shot deadSAN NICOLAS -- A Special Investigation Task Group (SITG) was formed by the Pangasinan Police Provincial Office (PPPO) following the slaying of Calaocan Barangay Chairman Rolando Seguban […]