LIMITED NFA RICE STOCK IN JUNE
THE National Food Authority in Western Pangasinan is closely monitoring retail price of rice in the market in the face of limited supply of NFA rice which is estimated to last for three days only.
NFA Western Pangasinan Assistant Manager Julieta Orias said NFA is hoping that the private traders will not exploit the temporary situation and sell much higher that NGA’s P27 price level after NFA’S 56,000 bags are finally consumed.
She said while government rice is good only for 3 days, there are almost two million sacks of household rice that is expected to last in the next one hundred days.
Orias revealed that her office had monitored the sale of broken commercial rice from Nueva Ecija already being sold at P35-P36 per kilo in local markets. The price of well milled commercial rice in the market already ranges from P36 to P40 per kilo.
Imported rice is expected to arrive towards the end of June, Orias said. The importation of rice was stopped by the government last February per request of the farmers group to protect the selling price of the second crop from February to May. (Nora Dominguez)
- January 27, 2013Rice prices will be stable, NFA assuresTHE National Food Authority-eastern Pangasinan branch has assured the public of stable prices of rice in the market given the sufficient supply in stock.
Ligaya Apolinario, assistant […]
- December 11, 2011NFA assures stable price of ricePRICE of rice should remain stable as there is enough supply in the province, according to the National Food Authority (NFA).
Dr. Beverlyn Peralta, NFA Western Pangasinan provincial […]
- August 11, 2013NFA-Pangasinan intensifies rice distribution programTHE National Food Authority (NFA)–Western Pangasinan branch has intensified its rice distribution program during the current lean season to provide the public with quality but low-priced […]
- August 26, 2012Rice supply sufficient, prices stable – NFADESPITE the battering of the Ilocos Region by typhoons in the past weeks, there is a steady supply of rice and enough stock for the lean months, according to the National Food Authority […]
- January 13, 2008Rice supply in Pangasinan assured until August
LINGAYEN—Rice supply won’t be a problem for Pangasinenses, at least until August.
With 2.8 million bags of rice currently on stock, the National Food Authority (NFA) based here said […]