LINGAYEN—Thirty-five small sachets and one big sachet containing shabu were seized in a raid by the police at the house of a village councilor of Bani town on Wednesday.
The Pangasinan Police Provincial Office (PPPO) identified the arrested barangay kagawad as Philip Ramones of Ambabaay, Bani, tagged as a high-value target for illegal drugs in the town.
The operation was covered by a search warrant issued by the Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 70 in Burgos town.
P/Chief Inspector Amor Mio Somine, Bani police chief, said Ramones had surrendered last year and resumed his illegal operation after his release. He was placed under surveillance since his release.
Also seized from the house of Ramones were drug paraphernalia, including three lighters.
The operation was authorized by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Region 1 in San Fernando City, La Union. (Leonardo Micua)
- October 1, 201633,573 pushers, users surrender in Region 1SAN FERNANDO CITY-- A total of 33,573 self-confessed drug personalities in Region 1 already surrendered to the police from July 1 to Sept. 23 this year, with Pangasinan topping the […]
- June 11, 201614-year-old boy nabbed in drug buy-bustA 14-year-old out-of-school youth was arrested in a drug buy-bust operation conducted by the police at around 4:55 p.m. on June 2 along the alley leading to Sitio Aling, Arellano Street in […]
- April 9, 2016Alaminos’ 7th most wanted drug personality arrestedALAMINOS CITY -- The No. 7 most wanted drug personality in Alaminos City and his companion were arrested at the former's house in Barangay Lucap here during a police operation early […]
- June 10, 2017Top 2 drug personality in Balungao nabbedBALUNGAO—The second most wanted drug personality here was arrested in a raid at his residence in Barangay Rajal this town and various firearms and shabu were seized by police operatives on […]
- December 9, 2012Health worker nabbed for selling shabuSAN JACINTO—A rural health unit (RHU) worker here has been arrested and charged for alleged illegal drug pushing.
The suspect has been identified as Rene Hiquina, an ambulance driver in […]