THE noted increasing mismatch of workers’ skills and available jobs continued to be apparent in the last job fairs in the region.
Some 1,712 jobseekers have applied during the grand job fair of Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) in Region 1 in observance of the Labor Day last May 1 but only 413 were hired on the spot.
According to Arly Valdez, Information Officer of DOLE Region 1, the results were noted in the three major job fairs last May 1 at Robinson-San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte, CB Mall-Urdaneta City at night job fair in PESO Lingayen.
Valdez said, many applicants also could not be hired because of age requirements for specific jobs.
The next major job fair of DOLE Region 1 will be on June 12 for the celebration of Independence Day. It will be held in Nepo Mall Dagupan City. (Nora Dominguez)
- June 18, 2017‘Kalayaan Day’ job fair hires 322URDANETA CITY – Kalayaan Day Job and Business Fairs held in this city and in Dagupan City on June 12 hired 322 job applicants on the spot.
The successful job fairs organized by the […]
- April 2, 2016DOLE holds 3 job fairs for new graduatesTHE regional office of Department of Labor and Employment has announced the holding of three job fairs in Pangasinan in the next quarter.
These will be held on April 14 – Capitol […]
- May 11, 2014More hired at Labor Day job fairsAT least 354 applicants were hired on the spot during the Labor Day Jobs Fair in Pangasinan organized by the Department of Labor and Employment.
Engracio Bailon, head of DOLE-Central […]
- April 27, 2014Two May Labor Day job fairs setWORK FOR 11,000 SEEN
MORE than 11, 000 jobs will be up for grabs in the Labor Day job fairs sponsored by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
Director Grace Ursua of DOLE […]
- April 17, 2016Over 16,000 jobs up for grabs at mega job fairsMORE than 16,000 jobs both local and abroad will be offered at the mega job fairs organized by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) –Eastern Pangasinan.
Fresnaida Gundan, chief […]