LINGAYEN– The province witnessed intense competition some 300 triathletes from all over the country who joined expected to participate in the Northern Cement Corporation sponsored ‘TIGASIN’ triathlon on May 13-14.
The triathlon was ran along major thoroughfares of the Capital town during the weekend for the 3rd edition of Tigasin.
The event covered .75 and 1.5 km open water swimming on May 13 from 5-9 A.M. offshore El Puerto Marina in Lingayen town; and Olympic distance triathlon (1.5km swim, 40km bike and 10km run) and sprint distance (750m swim, 30km bike and 5km run) on May 14 from 4 A.M. to 12NN.
Traffic was rerouted on Maramba Boulevard, Alvear East St. and Avenida Rizal West St. for the sprint component of the triathlon. Swimming was held offshore Capitol beachfront while biking was staged mainly at the Capitol Baywalk.
Provincial officials led by Governor Amado I. Espino, III graced the triathlon event’s awarding ceremonies held at the Provincial Training and Development Center on May 14 in the afternoon. (PIO/MGNO)
- December 30, 2009Rosales holds 2nd IBTOR ChallengeROSALES–Marathon enthusiasts in this town will test their mettle in the Second Inter-Barangay Triathlon of Rosales Challenge (IBTOR) on December 28.
Mayor Ricardo Revita said some 50 […]
- April 20, 2014THE CHAMP’S FORM
THE CHAMP'S FORM---Shen Verzosa of Lingayen, banking on her strength in swimming, navigated the 750-meter swim, 20-kilometer bike and five-kilometer sprint with an aggregate time of one […]
- December 2, 2012Pangasinan triathlon team makes its markTHE newly-formed Pangasinan Triathlon Team based in Dagupan City engaged other multi-sport athletes from Japan, Malaysia, Iran, Hong Kong, Taiwan and other countries in this year's Asian […]
- April 21, 20134 drown in Lingayen BeachLINGAYEN—The summer fun at the beaches here were spoiled last April 14 as three adults and one teenager drowned in two separate incidents in two areas.
This prompted the Provincial […]
- January 19, 2015Expansion of Lingayen Baywalk beginsLINGAYEN—The Lingayen Baywalk exapansion program begins.
With P114-million allocated for the expansion of the Lingayen Baywalk this year, it will include the extension of the baywalk […]