DAGUPAN City Mayor Belen Fernandez told newsmen on May 10 that she is not keen on allowing the entry of Small Town Lottery (STL) in Dagupan.
Asked by newsmen on the issue of STL, she said categorically: “We do not want any STL in Dagupan. That has not yet been discussed.”
The numbers game in Dagupan is the off-fronton jai-alai operated by Meredien Vista Gaming Corporation whose business permit was issued by Fernandez’s predecessor Benjamin Lim but when this expired, was renewed under her administration.
Fernandez, however, clarified that if the STL is approved by the national government, particularly the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes (PCSO), she will study the matter in order not to offend Archbishop Villegas.
Informed that some people are now putting up betting station in Bonuan and other parts of the city, she said nobody consulted her on this. (Leonardo Micua)
- May 15, 2017Meridien out, STL inBATTLE FOR NUMBERS GAME
LINGAYEN--The days of jai-alai betting in Pangasinan may already be numbered as the Small Town Lottery (STL) under the authority of the Philippine Charity […]
- May 15, 2011“Urdujas” endorse Loterya Ng BayanFOUR of Pangasinan’s women representatives in Congress have endorsed the operations of the Loterya ng Bayan (LNB), which will be launched soon in lieu of the Small Town Lottery […]
- April 2, 2006Provincial Board not keen on STL move
HAVING learned its lesson in the past, the provincial board members don't appear eager and rushed to endorse any gambling measure like the Small Town Lottery (STL) operations in the […]
- August 14, 2011Meridien reopens in 3 townsJAI-TENG IS BACK
JAI-ALAI off-fronton betting stations are back since August 8 in at least three towns in Pangasinan: the capital Lingayen, and the eastern municipalities of Rosales and […]
- November 26, 2006Agbayani says ‘No to STL’
LINGAYEN - While the provincial board has started to discuss the operation of Small Town Lottery (STL) in Pangasinan, Governor Victor Agbayani has stressed their "No to STL in […]