FOUR hundred scholars completed the Special Training and Employment Program (STEP) of Technical Education Skills and Development (TESDA) last April 30 at CSI Stadia, Dagupan City.
The graduates have undergone six-months special skills training in dressmaking, welding, cookery and electrical installation.
TESDA Provincial Director Manuel Wong credited the local governments of Malasiqui, Basista and Dagupan City and the Office of Senator Sonny Angara for the successful program that provided free training, tool kits like sewing machines, welding machines and allowances for the STEP scholars.
Angara told the graduates that the training will give them better future, and more confidence to start a new livelihood.
The senator added he is pushing for the passage of the One Family One Scholar Bill that will serve as the counterpart for the DSWD’s 4P’s or Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program, to enable poor students to pursue their studies until college. (Nora Dominguez)
- October 12, 2014KBP members, dependents avail of TESDA scholarshipsTHE Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) provincial office has launched a scholarship program for members of the Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster sa Pilipinas (KBP) […]
- May 4, 2014SP wants Panelco to issue rebates to customersLINGAYEN—Officials of the Pangasinan III Electric Cooperative, Inc. (Panelco III) have again been invited by the Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) to appear during its question hour on May 5 […]
- June 2, 2013TESDA fills 87% of C4TP beneficiariesLINGAYEN—The Cash for Training Program (C4TP) of the Technical Skills Education Development Agency (TESDA) in now in full swing in Pangasinan with 87 percent of the slots for beneficiaries […]
- January 19, 2014Former OFWs get livelihood training from OWWATHE Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) regional office 1 provided livelihood assistance, skills training and starter kit last year to at least 234 distressed or displaced […]
- December 28, 2014TESDA’s P100-M scholarships available hereSECRETARY Joel Villanueva of the Technology and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) recently announced that P100-M in scholarships, out of P300-M in Region 1, has been allotted to […]