ALL roads leading to the Hundred Islands are green and go throughout the summer season.
This was the assurance of the Alaminos City Police Station after it activated it’s Oplan Summer Vacation (Oplan Sumvac) in anticipation of the influx of tourist into the city.
P/ Superintendent Benjamin Ariola, city police chief, said additional police personnel have been deployed to the business district areas and in Lucap.
The Alaminos City government also provided the city police a boat for its regular patrol of the islands to ensure the safety of visitors to the Hundred Islands National Park.
Ariola said Alaminos is a peaceful city compared to other cities but the police will be on high alert to neutralize thieves and robbers during the season.
He said the presence of thousands of visitors create opportunities and the motives for criminal minds to operate. “Our job is to prevent both opportunities and the motives for the criminals to operate,” he added.
The city police advise visitors to be conscious about the security of their belongings at all times and to adopt defensive driving in and around the city. (Nora Dominguez)
- February 27, 2012Pangasinan police readies for PNP’s 10 million trees projectSIX TREES A MONTH PER COP
COMMUNITY relations officers of the 44 municipal and four city police stations in the province met in Lingayen last Monday to plan for their contribution to […]
- February 19, 2012Pangasinan still relatively peaceful-RicaforteLINGAYEN--Everything remains under control.
This was the response to newsmen of Police Provincial Director Senior Superintendent Resueto Ricaforte when asked about the peace and order […]
- June 6, 2015PNP launch security awareness program in MangaldanMANGALDAN—A series of security awareness dialogue with banks and other financial institutions was recently launched to help them understand how they can protect themselves against criminal […]
- January 15, 2017City to deploy more traffic enforcersTHE Dagupan City government is considering hiring and deploying more traffic enforcers to help enforce road and traffic discipline in the city.
“We need to hire additional traffic […]
- October 10, 2010Poll bets in Dagupan to sign peace covenantALL candidates in the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections in Dagupan City are set to sign peace covenants during the campaign period from October 14 to 23.
City elections […]