BALON DAGUPAN NEWS
FOLLOWING the BFAR advisory that the coastal towns of Bolinao and Anda are now positive of red tide toxin as gleaned from the Shellfish Advisory No. 17 and Shellfish Bulletin No. 13 on April 7, the City Agriculture Office on April 8, apprehended two vendors for transporting four sacks of green mussels to the Magsaysay Fish Market with a market value of P6,000.
The two vendors were identified as Crisanto Carolino and Alexander Calicdan, both from Salud, Bolinao town.
The confiscated sacks of green mussels were turned over to the Waste Management Division of the city for proper disposal.
The advisory prohibits the gathering or harvesting, transporting, marketing and eating of shellfish from the coastal waters affected by the red tide toxin.
As a precautionary measure, Market Inspectors and Administrators and Quarantine Officers were advised by BFAR to demand auxiliary invoice or local transport permit from transporters/dealers of fish and seashells from other provinces/municipalities being unloaded in Dagupan to ensure that these commodities did not come from areas found positive of red tide toxin. (Joseph C. Bacani/CIO)
- December 30, 2012Western towns now red tide-freeSHELLFISH from the western waters of the province are again safe to eat as the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) in Region 1 has declared four coastal areas there now […]
- February 13, 2011Pangasinan coastal waters remain safe from red tideLINGAYEN--The coastal waters of Pangasinan continue to remain free from red tide toxin.
This was latest advisory from the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) citing in […]
- September 23, 2012Western Pangasinan is red tide free–BFARIT is safe to eat seashells gathered from the coastal waters of western Pangasinan, particularly from the aquaculture towns of Bolinao, Anda and Wawa, Bani as well as Alaminos City, […]
- November 9, 2014Alaminos, Bani shellfish banned due to red tideALAMINOS CITY— The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) has determined that in addition to Alaminos Cty, the coastal town of Bani is also found to be positive of red tide […]
- September 21, 20144 coastal areas in Pangasinan still red tide-freeFISH, squids, shellfishes gathered in four coastal areas in Pangasinan remain red tide-free.
Region 1 Director of Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Nestor Domenden said […]