STO. TOMAS — An 18-year old RTW vendor in Barangay Salvacion in this town was reportedly kidnapped from this town last Tuesday, March 28 and remains missing at presstime.
P/Sr. Inspector Herminio Olivares, police chief, identified the victim as Kherbie Marcellana, a native of Taal, Batangas, presently renting a transient house in Barangay Salvacion.
Initial police investigation showed that at around 10:15 p.m., the victim together with four friends were walking to the provincial road when a white van with unknown plate stopped.
According to the witnesses, they saw armed men inside the van and one alighted and dragged the victim inside the van, and quickly sped in the direction of Rosales town.
The police have already relayed the incident to the victim’s family in Batangas and are considering love triangle as the possible motive.
The police gathered that the victim is a single mother to a child who is living in Batangas. The investigation of the case is ongoing. (Nora Dominguez)
- September 12, 2015Mangaldan police say ‘kidnapping’ a hoaxMANGALDAN—The Mangaldan Police Station (MPS) officially closed the investigation of the reported kidnapping of a minor in the town and ruled it was a hoax.
Supt. Jackie Candelario, […]
- October 9, 2016Tayug kagawad in drug list shot deadDRUG SUSPECTS TARGETTED
TAYUG -- A barangay councilwoman identified by the town’s police as a high-value target and a top drug personality, was shot dead by unidentified persons on […]
- October 16, 20164 carjackers shot dead in armed encounter with policeMANAOAG—Four robbery, hold up and carjacking suspects were shot dead in an armed encounter with policemen dawn on Oct. 14 in Barangay Pao this town.
The slain suspects were identified […]
- June 4, 2017Suspected rapist of 2-year old girl killedA SUSPECTED rapist was shot dead by two unidentified suspects on May 28 while cruising along the national road of Barangay Lanas in Mangaldan in his tricycle.
P/Superintendent Jeff […]
- December 15, 2013Deputy provincial prosecutor’s house strafedTAYUG--Unidentified armed men riding in tandem on a motorcycle fired at the house of a deputy provincial prosecutor in Barangay 'B' here at 4:00 a.m. on December 10.
Deputy Provincial […]