AFTER the successful staging of the March 5 Mangaldan bikefest, its neighboring town Mapandan will stage its own cycling event on March 17 as an event of the town’s fiesta.
Dubbed this year as “2017 Mayor Tambaoan Cycling Challenge,” the bicycle road race will be conducted into two categories, open-amateur and master divisions that will commence and culminate across the municipal hall at 11:00 a.m.
The bikefest will pass the town’s barangays of Aserda, Torres, Primicias, Maoacat of Manaoag, Catablan of Urdaneta City, Minien, Tebag, Matic-Matic, Banaoang, Ventenilla, Tuliao, Nilombot and Gueguesangen of Sta. Barbara, Nilombot Golden, Apaya and Poblacion of Mapandan.
The participants will negotiate the same course four times with an approximate distance of 108 kilometers.
The riders will be flagged off by Mapandan hizzoner Gerald Tambaoan, assisted by Vice Mayor Asuncion Calimlim and the town’s sports’ heads, Councilors Jimmy Aquino and Mamerto Eden Jr. (Jesus Garcia, Jr.)
- May 4, 2014Traditional games, skimboarding are Pista’y Dayat hitsLINGAYEN—The beach here in the capital town was abuzz with parlor games and sporting fun, both old and new, as the province celebrated its annual Pista'y Dayat (Sea Festival).
On April […]
- April 9, 2016Mapandan bikefest on April 17FORTY Pangasinan prominent amateur riders and 20 from neighboring provinces will seek to outride with each other in the Mapandan bikefest on April 17, a feature of the town […]
- March 19, 2006‘Tour de Vera’ race set April 7
BAYAMBANG Mayor Leocadio “Boy” de Vera continues to support Pangasinan cycling competitions by staging another renowned bicycle road race on April 7 in conjunction with the celebration […]
- February 15, 20092nd Lingayen Cycling Challenge set Feb. 22THE 2nd Lingayen Cycling Challenge is set on February 22 where the province's rising amateur riders are expected to compete.
Elated by the success of the first Lingayen cycling project […]
- December 6, 2015Sta. Barbara bikefest Dec. 6PANGASINAN’s veteran cyclists will face off with their peers from neighboring provinces and Metro Manila anew when the 2015 Sta. Barbara Cycling Challenge reels off on December 6 in […]