SPEAKING of police scalawags, operatives of the Aguilar Police Station and Intelligence Branch of the Pangasinan Police Provincial Office arrested a former policeman suspected of operating gun-running activities in the province.
On March 9, the police served a search warrant against the suspect identified as Jeffrey Cruz Mejia, 33 years old and former policeman assigned to the Regional Public Safety Batallion PROCOR and a resident of Abra Province, together with Jessy Acam Caburnay, 40, electrician and a resident of Bugallon town.
Confiscated from Mejia’s custody were 2 shotguns, 1 9mm pistol, 1 caliber 45 pistol and 2 rifle grenades.
A case of violation against R.A. 10591 or known as Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunitions Act will be filed against the suspects. (Nora Dominguez)
- November 16, 201340 firearms, 20 bladed weapons confiscatedBARANGAY ELECTION GUN BAN
LINGAYEN—The Pangasinan Police Office (PPO) confiscated 40 firearms and 20 bladed weapons across the province during the implementation of the nationwide gun […]
- September 1, 2012Kapitan caught keeping cache of firearmsMALASIQUI—The barangay chairman of Taloyan here was arrested by the police following a raid at his residence that led to discovery of cache of firearms last Thursday.
The suspect, […]
- September 9, 2016Vendor, peddling shabu on the side, nabbedA VENDOR in Barangay Bonuan Gueset in Dagupan City was arrested by operatives of the Dagupan City Police Station and PDEA 1 last Tuesday, September 6 in a buy-bust operation.
- March 6, 2016100 persons collared in loose firearms campaignLINGAYEN— As elections draw near, elements of the Pangasinan Provincial Police Office (PPPO) arrested 100 persons and filed 77 cases in court across the province in an intensified campaign […]
- January 22, 20163 arrested for violating gun banTHREE men were arrested separately for violating the election gun ban and Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act last weekend.
On January 16, the Tayug Police Station […]