TO IMPROVE GARBAGE COLLECTION
MOVING further to arrest an impending garbage crisis in Dagupan City, Mayor Belen Fernandez ordered the purchase of nine more garbage trucks.
Fernandez said the new dump trucks and the three currently being maintained, will be used to collect and deliver the city’s segregated wastes.
At a press conference last week, the mayor conceded that among the hindrances besetting the city in addressing its garbage woes include the lack of technical know-how or capability, absence of available land to use and the financial capacity.
Fernandez said her administration is exerting all efforts to educate residents on waste segregation.
“The 50-year-old problem on garbage disposal could not be solved overnight that is why we need the cooperation of everyone,” Fernandez said.
She said there will be designated days for collection of reusable plastics, food and wet wastes, and non-biodegradable wastes.
Barangay captains of the 31 villages of the city already issued notices to every household in their areas to segregate wastes, with the warning that unsegregated wastes will not be collected, she added. (PIA-Pangasinan/VHS)
- March 6, 2017MBTF: Garbage problem seen to end soonTHE worst is not over but things can be better.
This was how Dagupan City Mayor Belen Fernandez assessed the garbage disposal problem in the city since its 50-year-old open dumpsite was […]
- September 11, 2011Rotary Club launches ‘rice-for-plastics waste’ programDAGUPAN residents can now exchange their plastic wastes for rice under the Bigas Para Plastic program initiated by the Rotary Club of Central Pangasinan with the cooperation of the […]
- August 27, 2006Capitol recycling program pressed
LINGAYEN - The seat of the provincial government must be zero-waste and environmentally sound.
This was the directive of Gov. Victor Agbayani to Provincial Administrator Atty. Virgilio […]
- February 20, 2017City prepares for W2E projectGARBAGE CRISIS STAVED OFF
THE feared garbage crisis in Dagupan City was allayed after city residents were noted to be responding positively to the call of the city government to […]
- August 29, 20107 communities ignore city hallOnly 60% compliance with waste segregation policy noted
THE government of Dagupan is standing pat on the strict implementation of its “No segregation, no collection” policy for the […]