LINGAYEN – The town’s police station is investigating the death of a businessman who was ambushed and shot by an unidentified gunman in Barangay Domalandan.
P/Superintendent Jackson Seguin, police chief, identified the victim as Donald Dominguez, 38, businessman and a resident of Barangay Domalandan East. He was shot 4:30 a.m. of February 28 while riding his motorcycle en route to Poblacion to open his grocery store inside the public market.
Initial investigation showed witnesses saw the victim was tailed by a black car with no plate and a man alighted from the car and shot Dominguez several times. The victim still managed to run but was quickly cornered and again shot at close range.
The victim died from three gun shot wounds from a 12-gauge shotgun and 9mm in his nape and his back.
Seguin said, robbery appears to be the motive of the crime since P28,000 cash and the cellphone of the victim were taken by the unidentified suspect. (Nora Dominguez)
- June 6, 2015PNP launch security awareness program in MangaldanMANGALDAN—A series of security awareness dialogue with banks and other financial institutions was recently launched to help them understand how they can protect themselves against criminal […]
- March 11, 2013Police launch manhunt vs. councilman’s killers POZORRUBIO--An intensive manhunt was launched by joint police elements against two armed suspects who shot and killed a councilman of Barangay Bobonan here at about 6:45 a.m. […]
- January 15, 2017Alert cops foil RCBC Lingayen bank robberyLINGAYEN---Alert policemen here foiled an attempted robbery by a 19 –year-old resident of Barangay Malimpuec this town, inside the RCBC Bank branch dawn Wednesday.
P/Supt. Jackson […]
- August 13, 2016Teacher, 2nd most wanted drug personality, dumped deadANOTHER ‘HWAG TULARAN…’ VICTIM
LINGAYEN—The lifeless body of a man hogtied, found Wednesday along a dike in Barangay Talogtog was identified by residents as the public school teacher […]
- March 11, 2012Retired police colonel latest MRTH victimROSALES—Motorcycle-riding-in-tandem hitmen (MRTH), operating with impunity in the province, gunned down last week a retired senior police officer here.
Paulito Alabanza, a retired […]