CAMP OSCAR FLORENDO, La Union– For better English skills, officials of the Police Regional Office 1 (PRO 1) here and the teachers of English of Secondary Language Association of the Philippines (TESLA Philippines) signed an agreement on March 13 through trainings.
P/Chief Superintendent Charlo Collado, PRO1’s acting regional director and Eli Natividad, director of TESLA Philippines, signed a memorandum of agreement (MOA) witnessed by other officials and staff of both parties.
The MOA said TESLA Philippines, through its Research and Extension Office, will assist in the conduct of language trainings to PRO1 members who will be selected to participate.
The trainings will focus on Grammar, Pronunciation, News Writing, Common Errors, Filipinism and Emceeing/Hosting.
Collado lauded the partnership since it helps enhance the communication skills of his police personnel. (Tita Roces)
- December 19, 2010Bucayu is new PRO1 directorCAMP BGen Oscar M Florendo--Police Chief Superintendent Franklin Jesus Bucayu formally assumed as his new post as regional director of the Police Regional Office 1 (PRO1) on Dec. […]
- February 21, 20106 PAG members arrested in Region 1CAMP BGEN OSCAR M FLORENDO, La Union--Five members of partisan armed groups (PAGs), four of them from Pangasinan and one from La Union, have so far been neutralized by the police in the […]
- March 18, 2007Region 1 police leads polls scoreboard
CAMP BGEN OSCAR FLORENDO, La Union—The Ilocos police regional office has been cited as the most successful in police intervention operations against loose firearms and criminal elements […]
- April 9, 2006New president for ELATe
COLEGIO de Dagupan's Shirley Baterina-Landingin was elected president of the English Language Association of Teachers (ELATe) during the Project SPELL (Strengthening the Proficiency of […]
- August 12, 2008More names may surface in LU shabu laboratorySAN FERNANDO CITY—More persons, including policemen, public officials and some media practitioners may soon be implicated in the operation of the huge shabu laboratory busted by lawmen in […]