LINGAYEN—The provincial manager of the National Food Authority (NFA) based here assured enough rice supply for residents of first to third congressional districts of Pangasinan with 80,000 bags food security stock available.
Ramon Cuaresma said 80,000 bags of rice in NFA warehouses are good for the next 87 days.
He added that another 260,000 bags of imported rice are allotted for NFA Western Pangasinan expected to arrive in March.
He expects more stocks starting this month as palay harvest as second crop starts this month.
He said palay price is P17 per kilogram (kg) while outside buyers buy at P20/kg. “So that’s beneficial to the farmers because they earn more,” Cuaresma said. (Tita Roces)
- January 9, 2011NFA assures enough rice this yearLINGAYEN--Pangasinan has sufficient stocks of rice to meet the local demand for the whole of 2011, according to the National Food Authority (NFA).
NFA provincial manager for western […]
- January 27, 2013Rice prices will be stable, NFA assuresTHE National Food Authority-eastern Pangasinan branch has assured the public of stable prices of rice in the market given the sufficient supply in stock.
Ligaya Apolinario, assistant […]
- June 6, 2010Pangasinan has enough rice for gawatLINGAYEN--The National Food Authority (NFA) has assured that there is enough stock of rice to supply the needs of western Pangasinan during the lean months, known as gawat in Pangasinan […]
- February 11, 2012NFA eases procurement processTHE National Food Authority (NFA) has made it easier for farmers to sell their palay to the NFA buying stations by delegating the issuance of an authority to deliver (ATD) to the warehouse […]
- December 27, 2016Rice prices remain stableDESPITE HIGHER FUEL PRICES
DESPITE increases in fuel prices, NFA rice still remains at P32 per kilo (15% broken) and P27 a kilo (25% broken).
This was assured by Julieta Orias, […]