CITY Mayor Arthur Celeste is optimistic that tourism in the city will get another boost once a five-star hotel starts construction in the city this year.
Celeste said talks are ongoing with the owners of Oriental Hotel (OH) for a private-public partnership. OH owns and operates hotels in eight different locations across the country.
The owners arrived last Thursday for a site inspection.
“So far, if there are no legal impediments, this project will push through and it be the first five-star hotel to rise in Pangasinan,” Celeste said.
He said he has talked to the city council and asked to support the venture with investor-friendly terms.
‘It’s good for the province, not just for Alaminos,” he said.
Oriental Hotel management wants to build its hotel in landmark areas in the Philippines, including this city, known as the home of the famous Hundred Islands, he said. (Tita Roces)
- January 28, 2017OFW MAPPING PROJECT
OFW MAPPING PROJECT. Provincial Employment Services Office (PESO) manager Alex Ferrer (3rd from left), also the Pangasinan Migration and Development Council chairman, turns over to […]
- August 4, 2013Hundred Islands makeover beginsLINGAYEN—The Hundred Islands National Park (HINP) in Alaminos City is undergoing a makeover, starting off with Quezon Island.
The city government under the new administration of Mayor […]
- March 2, 2014Governor’s Island up next for developmentHUNDRED ISLANDS NATIONAL PARK
ALAMINOS CITY—With work almost done at the Quezon Island, next in line for development is the Governor’s Island at the Hundred Islands National Park (HINP) […]
- February 12, 2017DOTr’s help sought to finish Alaminos airportALAMINOS CITY—The city government has asked the Department of Transportation (DOTr) to continue and complete the construction of its stalled airport project in order to boost the city’s […]
- July 8, 2013New mayors lay out plans, focus on tourism developmentALAMINOS CITY AND BANI
ALAMINOS City and the municipality of Bani are among the two places in the province with new mayors who will be serving a fresh three-year term and have laid out […]