THE Sangguniang Panlungsod (SP) passed on February 1 a resolution requesting Senator Manny Pacquiao to the city government help build a first gymnasium for the city’s young athletes.
Once completed, the resolution promised to name it ‘Manny Pacquiao Gymnasium’.
Councilor Alvin T. Coquia, author of the resolution, noted that while the city is the center of trade, commerce and industry, educational and health institutions as well as huge business establishments, the city, however, is still without a a gymnasium where the city’s athletes can train to excel in sports.
The SP said it believes that only through the benevolence and passion of the senator in sports that will help realize the city’s dream for a modern gymnasium. (CIO/JCB)
- May 4, 2014Traditional games, skimboarding are Pista’y Dayat hitsLINGAYEN—The beach here in the capital town was abuzz with parlor games and sporting fun, both old and new, as the province celebrated its annual Pista'y Dayat (Sea Festival).
On April […]
- December 27, 2016Gov. Pogi opens the 1st Inter-town/city CagefestCAPITOL NEWS
Lingayen- - -Governor Amado “Pogi” I. Espino III led the opening of the biggest basketball league in the province – the 1st Governor’s Cup Inter-Town Basketball Tournament […]
- October 11, 2014Gov. Espino hails 307 young chess playersLINGAYEN--The 307 young Pangasinense woodpushers who participated in the 4th Governor Amado T. Espino, Jr. Chess Clinic last September 20, 21, 27 and 28 at the Pangasinan Training and […]
- April 25, 2015R1AA athletes train in PangasinanPREPARING FOR PALARONG PAMBANSA
LINGAYEN – The delegation of the Region 1 Athletic Association will be officially sent-off today, April 22 after completing their 5-day in-house […]
- July 20, 2014Cojuangco inspires marketing educatorsCOJUANGCO UPDATES
FORMER Pangasinan Fifth District Rep. Mark O. Cojuangco was warmly received by hundreds of students and faculty members from various colleges and universities as their […]