THE defunct Werweran ed Mangaldan bikefest is back but it will not be bankrolled by the municipal government.
Excellent Noodles of Juverps Corporation owned by Paranaque City cyclist Alex Billan is funding the event that will be dubbed this year as “Excellent Noodles Werweran ed Mangaldan” to be staged on March 5 in line with the celebration of the town fiesta.
The cycling road race is exclusively for 38 years old and above which will start at Barangay Buenlag and to pass the places of San Jacinto, San Fabian, Damortis and Rosario of La Union, Sison, Pozorrubio, Binalonan, Urdaneta City, Manaoag, Mapandan and to finish across the elementary school of Barangay Buenlag with an approximate distance of 92 kilometers.
Cash prizes, trophies and medals are up for grabs with a maximum of 50 participants. (Jesus Garcia, Jr.)
- January 2, 2015San Fabian bikefest, January 17“SAN Fabian Cycling Challenge” will be the province’s first race of the year.
Ex-professionals, amateur riders, the masters and grandmasters in pedal-pushing will show their wares in […]
- April 5, 2014Mapandan bikefest returns after 8 yearsTHE annual Mapandan bikefest, which has been put on hold for eight long years due to financial constraints, is back and will hit the road on April 12 in time for the town’s fiesta […]
- May 4, 2014Traditional games, skimboarding are Pista’y Dayat hitsLINGAYEN—The beach here in the capital town was abuzz with parlor games and sporting fun, both old and new, as the province celebrated its annual Pista'y Dayat (Sea Festival).
On April […]
- January 4, 2014San Fabian bikefest set Jan. 17PANGASINAN’S first cycling road race of the year will be held in San Fabian on January 17 in conjunction with the celebration of the town’s fiesta.
The bikefest will be conducted in two […]
- February 27, 2011Mangaldan bikefest set Feb. 27THE annual Mangaldan bikefest will be staged on February 27 as the opening event of the town’s eight-day fiesta celebration.
Dubbed this year as “XVIII Werweran ed Mangaldan 2011”, the […]