LINGAYEN — Gov. Amado I. Espino III and Pangasinan Police Director Ronald Oliver Lee led the symbolic distribution of 140 copies of Bible donated by the Word Riders to drug personalities who surrendered.
The turnover ceremony held last February 4 at the PPPO grounds was witnessed by chiefs of police in the province and officials of various Anti-Drug Advisory Councils (ADAC).
P/Chief Inspector Norma Florentino, chief of Police Community Relations, said the distribution of the Bible is part of the moral recovery program being initiated by the ADACs
The Word Riders donated 17,000 copies to be shared by the more than 19,000 surrendered drug personalities.
The governor thanked the Word Riders for their advocacy to help in the spiritual aspect of the rehabilitation process so the drug pushers and users.
Word Riders Philippines is a group of motorcycle riders that supports the vision and mission of the Philippine Bible Society – to place a Bible in every Filipino home. (Nora Dominguez/PIO)
- December 10, 2016Police provide bibles to surrendered drug personalitiesALL processed drug pushers and users that surrendered will be given each a copy of the Bible by the Pangasinan Police Provincial Office (PPPO) to help strengthen their spirituality while […]
- December 3, 2016Ambush-slaying of Sta. Barbara kapitan, kin probedSTA. BARBARA -- A Special Investigation Task Group (SITG) was formed by acting-Police Provincial Director Ronald Oliver Lee to probe the ambush-slaying of the barangay chairman of Banzal […]
- August 7, 2016PADAC MEETING
PADAC MEETING -- Gov. Amado I. Espino III (center) presides over the meeting of the Provincial Anti-Drug Abuse Council (PADAC) for an update on the war on drugs in the province and to […]
- September 11, 2016CHIEF PNP ‘BATO’ MEETS WITH THE ESPINOS
CHIEF PNP ‘BATO’ MEETS WITH THE ESPINOS-- Philippine National Police Chief Ronald Dela Rosa meets with 4th District Rep. Amado T. Espino, Jr. (middle) and Gov. Amado I. Espino, III […]
- July 31, 2016Lawyers for charged cops assuredIBP-PNP-NAPOLCOM MOA
LINGAYEN—Policemen who are charged in court for participating in the campaign vs. illegal drugs like buy-bust operations, and in the implementation of search […]