A CASE OF MALVERSATION
A POLICEMAN in Bayambang town was placed under restriction and is under investigation for leasing his service firearm to a private individual.
P/Supt. Jackie Candelario, deputy police provincial director for operations, said the unnamed non-commissioned police officer admitted to having pawned his Glock pistol due to financial problems.
Policemen in Basista town discovered the anomaly when they responded to an indiscriminate firing incident where some vehicles were hit and the firearm used by the civilian suspect was the Glock issued to a policeman.
The seized pistol had a police property mark that prompted the investigation.
The Basista police filed a criminal case for malversation of public/government property against the policeman and is expected to be followed by an administrative case to be filed by the Police Provincial Office. (Tita Roces)
- June 6, 2015PNP launch security awareness program in MangaldanMANGALDAN—A series of security awareness dialogue with banks and other financial institutions was recently launched to help them understand how they can protect themselves against criminal […]
- January 19, 2013Calasiao kapitan charged for violating gun banMALASIQUI—Just minutes after the enforcement of the gun ban last January 13, a barangay chairman from Macabito, Calasiao was arrested by the police manning a checkpoint in Barangay Tambac […]
- September 1, 2012Kapitan caught keeping cache of firearmsMALASIQUI—The barangay chairman of Taloyan here was arrested by the police following a raid at his residence that led to discovery of cache of firearms last Thursday.
The suspect, […]
- August 7, 2016Narco-cop shot dead in drug buy-bustCALASIAO-- A policeman who was a high value target in the war on illegal drugs in Pangasinan was shot dead in a buy-bust operation launched by joint police operatives on Aug. 4 in Barangay […]
- April 18, 2015Lady cop wounded by colleague’s accidental gun firingSAN FABIAN— Mishandling one’s handgun can lead to a fatal accident and fortunately for a policewoman, she was merely slightly wounded after her male colleague accidentally fired his gun on […]