SAN NICOLAS — A Special Investigation Task Group (SITG) was formed by the Pangasinan Police Provincial Office (PPPO) following the slaying of Calaocan Barangay Chairman Rolando Seguban Mejia early morning of January 10.
SITG Mejia was formed by Police Provincial Director Ronald Lee to probe the slaying of Mejia, 59, by still unidentified gunmen riding a motorcycle.
Mejia, who was reportedly active in the campaign against illegal drugs, was riding his motorcycle when he stopped to take a call in his mobile phone when he was approached by an unidentified man who alighted from a motorcycle and began shooting him. He suffered three gunshot wounds, one on his chest and two on his head.
He was rushed to the Eastern Pangasinan District Hospital in Tayug where was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Initial investigation showed that while the victim’s motorcycle was on a stationary position, another motorcycle came from behind and its rider shot the victim with the use of Cal. 45 pistol.
Mejia was shot twice on the head.
He said two persons who witnessed the shooting are now in the protective custody of the police. (Leonardo Micua)
- February 11, 2017USN retiree shot dead in San JacintoSAN JACINTO -- An American national was shot dead in broad daylight by two unidentified men riding in tandem on a motorcycle without a plate number in Barangay Casibong, San Jacinto last […]
- November 25, 2016Another drug pusher killed, 5 arrestedLINGAYEN--A drug pusher who surrendered earlier was found dead and bloodied lying on the road in Sitio Limmansangan, Poblacion District 1 in Pozorrubio on the night of Nov. 21 with a […]
- July 8, 2013Suspected KFR member shot dead in UrbiztondoLINGAYEN--A suspected member of a kidnap-for-ransom (KFR) gang was shot dead in Barangay Bayaoas, Urbiztondo in the afternoon of June 29.
The suspect, Ronald Quitaleg Pidlaoan , alias […]
- July 1, 2017Urdaneta robbery suspect shot deadA ROBBERY and extortion suspect who was killed during an entrapment operation early Friday morning, June 29 in Barangay Nancamaliran East in Urdaneta City, was a drug personality who […]
- December 21, 2014Drug pusher killed in a shoot-outA DRUG peddler was shot to dead in a shoot-out with police elements Thursday (December 18) afternoon, in Brgy. Nuega in Dagupan.
Initial police reports disclosed that Abulais Macabantog […]