TROPICAL storm Karen left P63-million worth of damages in infrastructure and agriculture in the province.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office’s (PDRRMO) report as of 11 p.m. of October 17 showed that an estimated total of P41,350,000 worth of damages was wrought on infrastructure.
Of this, more than P39-million damages on the provincial roads were recorded while P2.2 million damages on two provincial bridges specifically the Tomling Bridge along Nalsian-Umando road in Malasiqui and Binmeckeg Bridge in Sison.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P21,582,255, broken down into palay at P21-million and high value commercial crops at 674,990.00.
There are a total of 257 partially-damaged houses and seven totally damaged houses found in 33 barangays in the municipalities of Balungao, Laoac, San Quintin, Tayug and Asingan. (VHS/PIA-Pangasinan)
- October 29, 2016AGRI AID TO TYPHOON-AFFECTED FARMERSCAPITOL NEWS
To help the 23,900 farmers in Pangasinan recover from the agricultural damages wrought by Typhoons “Karen” and “Lawin”, Governor Amado “Pogi” Espino, III […]
- August 19, 2012Province hit by P396M infra, agri damages4 PERSONS DEAD
THE Provincial Disaster and Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) reported on August 13 that damages to infrastructure and agriculture due to the non-stop monsoon […]
- November 7, 2016Gov. Espino and DA distribute Certified Palay Seeds to 24-T farmersCAPITOL NEWS
Lingayen – To help thousands of farmers in Pangasinan recover from the damages wrought by the consecutive onslaught of Typhoons “Karen” and “Lawin”, the provincial […]
- June 5, 2016DRRM Caravan in PangasinanTHE Office of Civil Defense (OCD), in partnership with the Philippine Information Agency (PIA) in the Ilocos Region, rolled out its Disaster Risk Reduction Management (DRRM) Caravan for […]
- May 24, 2008Typhoon fatalities now 29
THE number of fatalities wrought by typhoon "Cosme" in the province has now risen to 29, according to the Provincial Disaster Coordinating Council (PDCC).
Paterno Orduna, PDCC […]