MANGATAREM– Despite monsoon rains last Friday, a group of students and employees from the Phinma-University of Pangasinan (UPang) proceeded with its tree planting project at the Manleluag Spring Protected Landscape here.
Mark Macaventa, chief operations officer of Phinma Pangasinan, said 120 members of the academe and 15 volunteer-residents gathered to plant some 1,500 narra seedlings provided by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) in Pangasinan.
Macaventa said the greening activity, now on its sixth year, is part of the 60th anniversary celebration of Phinma Corporation and an annual project of the institution in partnership with DENR that aims to mitigate flooding and soil erosion in the province.
“We have an agreement with DENR, that we will adopt a certain portion of land to plant trees as our way to preserve the environment,” Macaventa said when asked why they chose to plant trees in Mangatarem town. (PIA Pangasinan)
- July 8, 2007TREE PLANTING LAUNCH
TREE PLANTING LAUNCH--Environment and Natural Resources Regional Executive Director Victor Ancheta digs out the earth while fellow official Sonny Songcuan holds a tree seedling during […]
- February 27, 2012Pangasinan police readies for PNP’s 10 million trees projectSIX TREES A MONTH PER COP
COMMUNITY relations officers of the 44 municipal and four city police stations in the province met in Lingayen last Monday to plan for their contribution to […]
- June 25, 2011Schools celebrate “green” Independence DayINDEPENDENCE Day was celebrated in Dagupan schools this year creating further awareness on the need to preserve and protect the environment.
Tree-planting activities were done […]
- January 17, 2016Pangasinan received P257-M for National Greening ProgramTHE national government has invested P257.6-million in Pangasinan since 2011 for the National Greening Program (NGP), report from the Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office […]
- July 2, 2016200 trees planted on Arbor DayOVER 200 tree seedlings were planted inside a subdivision in Barangay Bonuan Boquig in Dagupan City as part of the celebration of the International Arbor Day on June 26.
Seeds of […]