P5k reward up for info on drug suspects

THE Pangasinan Police Provincial Office is set to give P5,000 reward each for information provided by citizens that leads to the arrest of drug pushers in their areas.

P/Superintendent Jackie Candelario, deputy police director for operations and spokesman of the provincial police office, told the KBP forum the reward program is a project initiated by P/Sr. Superintendent Ronald Oliver Lee, acting provincial director, to level up the campaign against illegal drugs.

The reward system was launched last week when Candelario and his team went to Sto. Tomas town for project DIGUNG which stands for (Droga’y Iwaksing Ganap, Upang baNsa’y mapayapang Ganap), a brainchild of Lee.

Project DIGUNG is a collaborative effort among the police, local government units, religious sectors and other stakeholders where they undergo voluntary drug testing and are given lectures on the all-out war against illegal drugs.

He said texters may send their report to cellular phone number 09273814992 which will be subject for validation by the police. Once proven positive and the suspect is arrested, the texter, after presenting evidence as source of the information sent via text message, shall receive the cash incentive, he added.

The reward money will be a personal donation of Lee, Candelario said.

“Your information is very valuable to us,” he said.

Meanwhile, Candelario said the Pangasinan police have conducted 230 anti-illegal drug operations since July 1 that resulted in the arrest of 292 drug personalities while 11,206 surrendered.

Of those who surrendered, 10,311of them are drug users while 895 are pushers.

The police also confiscated 260.9913 grams of shabu and 27.7112 grams of marijuana during operations with a combined total street value of P1, 698, 521.79.

Candelario said 21 drug personalities were killed in armed encounters with police operatives while 36 alleged drug personalities were killed by motorcycle-riding suspects and 11 bodies were found.

“The circumstances surrounding the deaths of 36 and 11 these are being investigated,” he added.

He said 5,336 houses have been visited by the police across Pangasinan under Oplan Tokhang (knock and plead) strategy. (Tita Roces)

Related Posts

  • PNP: Meridien’s jai-alai still untouchableMarch 13, 2017PNP: Meridien’s jai-alai still untouchableWAR ON ILLEGAL GAMBLING THE war on drugs is ablaze again but the same cannot be said in the war on illegal gambling in the province. Pangasinan Police Provincial Offices’ […]
  • PNP lists 128 barangays cleared of drugsOctober 24, 2016PNP lists 128 barangays cleared of drugsLINGAYEN– This premier province has 128 barangays in different towns and cities that are already drug-cleared since the new administration launched its intensified […]
  • Only Sto. Tomas’ 10 barangays are drug-freeAugust 21, 2016Only Sto. Tomas’ 10 barangays are drug-freeOUT OF 1,364 BARANGAYS LINGAYEN—Three weeks ago, the Pangasinan Police initially determined that 1,074 or 78.74% of the total 1,364 barangays (villages) in the province were […]
  • Pangasinan PNP gaining in war vs crimes, sayMarch 20, 2017Pangasinan PNP gaining in war vs crimes, sayLINGAYEN--The fight against all forms of criminality in Pangasinan, particularly in the war on drugs, has been making headway since July 1, 2016. This was the assessment of P/Senior […]
  • Non-performing police chiefs warnedJuly 24, 2016Non-performing police chiefs warned6,230 DRUG USERS, PUSHERS SURRENDER PERFORM or be relieved! This was the warning issued by the Pangasinan Police Provincial Office to police chiefs in the province who are deemed not […]