SAN JACINTO–A father and son were shot dead by two unidentified armed men riding in tandem on a motorcycle while they were transporting rice from their farm along the road in Barangay Bolo here at 4:00 a.m. of June 29.
The victims, identified as Floro Velasco, 52, farmer, and his son Jason Velasco, 23, were on board a mini-farm tractor called locally as “kuliglig” loaded with rice seedlings when they were fired upon by the armed men.
Both victims sustained gunshot wounds on different parts of their body that caused their instantaneous death.
The San Jacinto Police sought the assistance of the PNP Crime Laboratory in Urdaneta City to process the crime scene and thereafter found six empty shells of Cal 45 pistol and five empty shells of Cal, l 9 mm pistol at the site.
Motive of the slaying is still unknown but the San Jacinto Police is continuing with its investigation of the incident. (Leonardo Micua)
- June 30, 2012Tandem-riding armed men strike in UminganUMINGAN--Armed men riding in tandem on a motorcycle struck again, shooting a farmer in front of his brother in Barangay Esperanza here on the night of June 20.
The victim, Segundo […]
- April 21, 2012MRTH claims one victim in DagupanMen-riding-in-tandem hitmen (MRTH) struck again on April 18 in Dagupan City, killing a man in Barangay Pantal while he was sitting on a parked tricycle.
The victim was identified as […]
- March 11, 2017Principal killed by armed men riding in tandemSAN CARLOS CITY -- Armed men riding in tandem struck in San Carlos City in broad daylight killing a school principal along the highway in Sitio Silapan, Barangay Bolingit, San Carlos […]
- February 11, 2017USN retiree shot dead in San JacintoSAN JACINTO -- An American national was shot dead in broad daylight by two unidentified men riding in tandem on a motorcycle without a plate number in Barangay Casibong, San Jacinto last […]
- November 14, 2016Drug suspect shot deadSAN NICOLAS--A drug personality who surrendered to the police sometime in early August this year was shot dead by unidentified persons on board a still undetermined vehicle on or about […]