URDANETA CITY—Some 1,177 drug personalities in this city joined the mass surrender Friday as a result of the city police’s Project Double Barrel and Oplan Tokhang.
The surrender was held at the Urdaneta City Cultural and Sports Complex and witnessed by Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Director-General Isidro Lapeña and P/Senior Supt. Ronald Oliver Lee, acting police director of Pangasinan, Mayor Amadeo Gregorio Perez IV and 34 barangay captains, among others.
P/Supt. Jeff Fanged, city police chief, said the highlight was the pledge of commitment by the surrendered personalities officiated by Lapeña who is from this city.
Lapeña said he was happy with the results of the all-out war against drugs here being waged by President Duterte.
Fanged said there will be unrelenting drive against illegal drugs here even as he warned those who surrender to “shape up” or face the consequences of their illegal acts.
“I gave them this message: Remember my face, you only have two choices. Change and be my friend or continue and you will see what you’re looking for,” Fanged told the surrendered drug personalities. (Tita Roces)
- August 7, 2016Revamp of police chiefs orderedINTENSIFIED POLICE OPERATIONS
LINGAYEN—A major revamp among chiefs of police in the province is ongoing since last Tuesday, August 2!
As of last Thursday, about 80 percent of the […]
- January 21, 2017Search for 6,500 drug personalities rushedWAR ON DRUGS IN PANGASINAN
LINGAYEN—The war on drugs in Pangasinan is far from over.
This was the terse admission of the Pangasinan Police Provincial Office when P/Sr. Supt. Ronald […]
- September 11, 2016Police arrest 446 drug personalitiesPROJECT DOUBLE BARREL
LINGAYEN—The Pangasinan police have arrested 446 drug personalities from July 1 to August 31 under the Project Double Barrel, a nationwide police strategy in the […]
- April 10, 201715 drug personalities nabbedONE TIME-BIG TIME IN DAGUPAN
FIFTEEN drug pushers, most of them considered as “newly emerged drug personalities” were arrested in a three-day ‘One-Time, Big Time’ operations conducted […]
- March 20, 2017Pangasinan PNP gaining in war vs crimes, sayLINGAYEN--The fight against all forms of criminality in Pangasinan, particularly in the war on drugs, has been making headway since July 1, 2016.
This was the assessment of P/Senior […]