BALON DAGUPAN NEWS
THE construction of a three-storey evacuation center with a roof deck on top in Barangay Salapingao is now underway.
According to Mayor Belen Fernandez, the project is being funded through the Bottom up Budgeting (BUB) of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), with a counterpart from the city government.
Measuring 900 square meters, the project will soon accommodate residents of Salapingao and Pugaro in case of storm surge.
“This is part of the city disaster risk reduction management program of the city which aims to keep the people safe in the island barangay in case a storm surge occurs considering that Salapingao has no land access and can only be travelled by boat,” said Mayor Fernandez who visited the construction site on January 21 along with DILG City Director Rhoderick Dawis and OIC City Engineer Josephine Corpuz.
The project costs P15,089,624.96 million. (CIO/JCB)
- May 12, 2017Salapingao Evacuation Center inauguratedBALON DAGUPAN NEWS
THE Dagupan City government and the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) inaugurated the city’s first three-storey evacuation center with a concrete […]
- May 4, 2014BOY SCOUTS CAMPING
BOY SCOUTS CAMPING----Governor Amado T. Espino, Jr. (center) flashes the number one sign with the officials and officers of the Boy Scouts of the Philippines (BSP) led by BSP Sec. Gen. […]
- March 11, 2013Espino to Sign MOA with DENR-MGB for Resettlement ProjectLINGAYEN--Nine months after the May 1 groundbreaking of the Pangasinan Resettlement Project last year in Barangay Pangapisan Norte here, the conduct of Geological Site Scoping (GSS) and […]
- August 27, 2016Rep. De Venecia to help solve city’s flooding problemBALON DAGUPAN NEWS
FOURTH District Rep. Christopher “Toff” De Venecia assured Mayor Belen T. Fernandez his assistance in solving the city's perennial flooding problem in their meeting […]
- November 14, 2016‘Musika Laban sa Droga’ at the 2ND Children SummitBALON DAGUPAN NEWS
AT the coming 2nd Children’s Summit in Dagupan, the city government and the University of Santo Tomas (UST) Conservatory of Music along with the Department of […]