STA. MARIA—A pastor drowned when he attempted to cross the Agno River on foot in Barangay Sta. Rosa here before noon on April 17.
The fatality was identified as Leovigildo Alvaro, 55, married, pastor of Christ New Creation Fellowship and a resident of Barangay Macalong, Asingan town this province.
Police report said that the victim and his son tried to cross the river going to the eco-park of said barangay when the accident happened. The son managed to reach the river bank.
The pastor’s body was retrieved by police personnel and the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council. (Tita Roces)
Back to Homepage
- January 11, 2014Drug pusher shot dead in DagupanA SUSPECTED drug pusher was killed in an encounter with the police at 4:15 p.m. on January 10 on Rizal Street in Dagupan City following a buy-bust operation.
The suspect, identified as […]
- July 29, 2012Decomposing body found floating in riverBINMALEY—A cadaver already in a state of decomposition was found floating at the river of Sitio Cayanga, Barangay Pototan here at about 7:30 p.m. of July 25.
The victim was identified […]
- August 12, 2012Teenage boy drowns in Sinocalan RiverMANAOAG--Sixteen-year old Jayson Perdido drowned on August 8 at about 4:50 p.m. at the Sinocalan River here after he was carried by strong currents.
The police immediately responded to […]
- March 4, 2017Two sisters drown in Manaoag riverMANAOAG -- Two girls drowned while swimming in a river in Barangay Sapang, Manaoag late Saturday, according to a police report.
The two were identified as Irish Mae Relosa, 15; and her […]
- June 6, 2015PNP launch security awareness program in MangaldanMANGALDAN—A series of security awareness dialogue with banks and other financial institutions was recently launched to help them understand how they can protect themselves against criminal […]