BAYAMBANG—A former barangay captain here was shot dead at around 2:40 a.m. Sunday (Jan. 11) by unidentified hitmen riding in tandem (HRIT) along Barangay Buayaen this town while the victim was on his way home from a cockpit arena on board his motorcycle.
The fatality, Enrique Roldan, 56, married, resident of of Barangay Zone II this town succumbed to two gunshot wounds in his body. He was rushed to Bayambang District Hospital but was declared dead on arrival.
Motive has yet to be established and policemen already ruled out robbery as the victim’s money remained intact in his pocket. Roldan was set to fly Alaska on Jan. 22 where he migrated after serving as barangay captain.—Tita Roces
Back to Homepage
- September 17, 2016Kapitan wounded in slay attemptALAMINOS CITY—The barangay captain of Pandan was wounded when he was ambushed by two armed men in Barangay Sabangan at 11:30 a.m. of September 14.
The victim, Ricardo Legaspi, 65, was […]
- May 27, 2016Barangay kagawad shot dead in SisonSISON--A barangay councilman of Amagbagan, Sison town was gunned down and killed by hitmen riding a motorcycle in tandem in the early evening of May 24 in Barangay Amagbagan.
- February 22, 201490-year old retired teacher stabbedMALASIQUI—A 90-year old retired teacher was stabbed and left for dead inside her house in Barangay Umando here Tuesday.
The fatality was identified as Felipa Monto, who could possibly […]
- February 20, 2016Businessman shot to deathLINGAYEN— A 60-year-old businessman in Urdaneta City was shot to death at about 1 p.m. of February 13, 2016.
The victim identified as Teofilo Malapitan was shot by still unidentified […]
- September 14, 2013Tricycle driver stabbed deadALAMINOS CITY--A tricycle driver was stabbed to death in Barangay Bued here on the night of September 11.
The victim, Jojo Maninang, 32, was stabbed by Rogelio Raon who was identified […]