CHESS IS FOR THE YOUNG— Eugene Torre, Asia’s first chess grandmaster, is challenged by a young player during the opening program of the 4th Amado Espino Jr. Chess Clinic last week in Lingayen. Torre said is one of the best sports for the youth where they can apply the principles of the game in real life such as sportsmanship, focus, calculation and harmony. (Punchphoto by Willie Lomibao)
Back to Homepage
- October 5, 2014GATE chess clinic trains 307LINGAYEN-- 307 young chess enthusiasts completed the four-day 4th Governor Amado T. Espino Jr. (GATE) Chess Clinic held at the Pangasinan Training and Development Center (PTDC) here last […]
- May 4, 2014Traditional games, skimboarding are Pista’y Dayat hitsLINGAYEN—The beach here in the capital town was abuzz with parlor games and sporting fun, both old and new, as the province celebrated its annual Pista'y Dayat (Sea Festival).
On April […]
- April 16, 2011MASTERFUL PLAYER
MASTERFUL PLAYER--Young woodpusher Giovanni Mejia (left) from Labrador town receives his trophy from Governor Amado Espino, Jr. (center) topping the 2011 National Age Group Chess […]
- October 18, 2014Age Group chess tourney ends todayLINGAYEN---The staging of the 4th Pangasinan Age Group Chess Championship started yesterday October 18 and will end today October 19 at the Pangasinan Training and development Center […]
- September 14, 2014Pangasinan Chess Festival setPANGASINAN kids and professional chess players gear up for the opening of the 2014 Pangasinan Chess Festival.
The four-day 4th Gov. Amado T. Espino, Jr. Chess Clinic will be held on two […]